A Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) drives high priority customer initiatives on Azure in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field.
The CSA is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience.
CSAs own the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts.
• Drive the deployment of the customers’ business and technical challanges into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
• Establish deep relationships with key ITDMs, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company, and become their trusted advisor.
• Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions
• Accelerate consumption in high potential customer accounts by providing deep technical expertise and support in one out of the following four areas of specialization: Datacenter Transformation, Custom Applications, Media Services, Security, Compliance and Privacy. Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization
• Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
• As an Azure expert, ensure you’re up-to-date both with Azure and other public cloud vendors newest features.
Experiences Required: Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• 3+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
• 3+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
• Prior experience with public cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) – significate advantage.
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Salesforce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS, Rackspace, Softlayer
• We are recruiting 2 disciplines and the technical experience can be one from the 2 below:
• Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Systems Operations / Management, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security, Linux, Active Directory, Networking, Window server admin, windows scripting, system ops, web services.
• Software design or development, Application Design, Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive, NodeJS.
• Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• MBA optional